Our History

LSDH over the years…

After 100 years of innovation, LSDH is now the leading French packager of fruit juices and one of the last independent producers of drinking milk. We are proud of our history and our dairy roots, proud of a heritage built up over time, proud of our values and the colleagues who have made LSDH what it is today.

1909

The dairy is founded by a group of farmers

1947

The business is taken over by Roger VASSENEIX

1955

The Common Agricultural Policy is introduced

1971

André VASSENEIX takes over the management

1972

The company is sold to the CELIA group

1977

First Tetra Brik packaging line

1980

Takeover of the Laiterie de Varennes-sur-Fouzon

1984

Introduction of milk quotas: LSDH decides to diversify

1993

Construction of the new Saint-Denis-de-l'Hôtel factory

1996

LSDH looks to the future by regaining its independence

1997

Introduction of Tetra Rex refrigerated packaging lines

2002

Emmanuel VASSENEIX takes over the management

2006

Installation of two aseptic bottle lines (PET and HDPE), from 100 ml to 1.5L

2007

LSDH becomes 100% independent again

2008

Partnership with JFA

2008

Varennes is modernised to suit new packaging lines

2009

Partnership with L’Abeille for carbonated beverages

2010

Partnership with ZVM SA (juice from Spanish oranges/clementines)

2011

LSDH is 100 years old. The adventure continues...

2012

Installation of a new bottle line (20 cl to 1 L) and two 20 cl carton lines

2013

Les Crudettes join LSDH who pursues its diversification strategy